An overview of estimation procedures for emissions inventories and air permits.
Forms, pollutant lists & other tools
Access current emissions inventory forms, instructions and other information about reporting emissions.
Emission Estimation Spreadsheets
Use these spreadsheets, developed by the NC DAQ Permits Section, to aid in the calculation of emissions.
Emission Inventory Contacts
List of the Regional Emission Inventory Contacts and and how to reach them.
Introduction to EPA's Compilation of Air Pollutant Emission Factors
Find pertinent background and information related to estimation of emissions and appropriate use of the information. Factors for specific industries may be found by following the outline.
Specific Industry Guidance
Review guidance, citations, and/or assumptions for the following industries:
- Asphalt, Hot Mix
- Air Emissions of Ammonia From Animal Operations-Joint NC DAQ and EPA report
- Cotton Gins
- EPA AP-42 Section 4.4 - Polyester Resin Plastic Products Fabrication
- Wood, Generation and Combustion of "Waste"
- Other industries to be added later as resources and information (i.e. specific NC guidance) allow.
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently asked questions about emissions inventories.
Browse a searchable database of glycol ether compounds regulated by the Clean Air Act.
Greenhouse Gas Emissions Calculations
Instructions for calculating greenhouse gas emissions.
- NC Emissions Summary Tool 1993-2014
includes criteria pollutant, hazardous/toxic pollutant and greenhouse gas emissions for 1993 to 2014.
- NC Emissions Mapping Tool 2010
Mapping utility that displays facility location and emissions; parses emissions by facility permit classification as well as by criteria, toxic and hazardous air pollutants.
Reported and Assumed Emissions Inventories
These Excel spreadsheets include all emissions reported for the specified calendar year (such as 2014) as well as assumed (most recent previously reported) emissions for all permitted facilities that operated in the selected calendar year. For example, if a facility reported emissions in 2008 and the next collection is 2014, the 2008 emissions will be included in these spreadsheets until the 2014 emissions have been reviewed. These data are reviewed by DAQ staff and are posted in January, 13 months after the end of a specific calendar year. Information about the spreadsheet data is included on the Explanation tab or you can contact Tammy Manning by phone at 919-707-8717 or by email at Tammy.Manning@ncdenr.gov.
- CY2010 Reported and Assumed Emissions Inventory (.xls)
- CY2011 Reported and Assumed Emissions Inventory (.xls)
- CY2012 Reported and Assumed Emissions Inventory (.xls)
- CY2013 Reported and Assumed Emissions Inventory (.xls)
- CY2014 Reported and Assumed Emissions Inventory (.xls)
Clean Air Interstate Rule (CAIR) Allowances / (EPA - CAIR)Find information about annual and ozone season CAIR allowance allocations , allocations to new sources from the new unit set-aside (NUSA) and state reallocations of any remaining balances in the NUSA.