Exceptional Events and Special Studies
Shale Gas Development
The Division of Air Quality has produced the following information to begin assessing potential air quality impacts that could result from various shale gas development and production activities.
- Project Plan for Baseline Ambient Air Monitoring near Potential Shale Gas Development Zones in Lee County, NC, updated November 8, 2013
- List of pollutants that will be monitored, updated November 8, 2013
- More information on Shale Gas development
Exceptional Event Documentation Packages
Documentation is available justifying the exclusion of fine particle data affected by exceptional events in:
Atmospheric Nitrogen Studies
- Cure, Bill, et al, (1999). Status Report on Emissions and Deposition of Atmospheric Nitrogen Compounds from Animal Production in North Carolina.
- Shendrikar, Arun (2006). Recommendation on the Continuation of Ammonia Monitoring in North Carolina.
- Shendrikar, Arun, et al. (2006). Atmospheric Ammonia Monitoring Around Hog Farm Industries in North Carolina