The ESI is continually updating the range of training classes to meet the needs of the membership. All trainings are available to ESI members at no cost. For other interested parties, only EMS 101 is open to non-ESI members.
- Formal EMS training is scheduled based on member interest. Please see the Events page for upcoming classes.
This is a series of 7 one-day modules in a group setting that provides information and exercises based on ISO 14001:2015. At the end of the series, members will have the framework for an EMS system ready to be implemented in their organization.
- Module 1: EMS 101, Introduction to Environmental Management Systems & ISO 14001:2015, Context & Scope
- Module 2: Compliance Obligations, Aspect and Impact Identification and Ranking
- Module 3: Operational Control and Monitoring and Measurement
- Module 4: Establishing Objectives
- Module 5: Corrective and Preventive Action and EMS Auditing
- Module 6: EMS Internal Auditor Training
- Module 7: EMS Retrospective - intended to serve as a Q&A session for any obstacles you may come across while implementing your EMS and follow up on questions from the training.
- ISO 14001:2015 Conversion Course: developed for ESI members who already have an EMS in place, this two-day course helps organizations transition to the new ISO 14001:2015 standard. Please see the Events page for upcoming classes.
The following are available on-site by request by emailing email@example.com
- Internal Auditor Training
In this one-day training, participants spend the morning learning internal auditing techniques and the afternoon conducting a mock audit to practice these new skills.
- Lean & Green Training
This is a one hour presentation on "What is 5S?" and examples of implementation. This presentation is usually given in combination with an on-site event (see services).
5S Basics Presentation
- Value Stream Mapping
This is a one hour presentation on "What is VSM?" and examples of how to include the environment in the process. This presentation is usually given in combination with an on-site Lean & Green VSM event (see Services).
Lean Assistance Series