N.C. General Statutes 130A-309.130 through 130A-309.141 ("Discarded Computer Equipment and Television Management") establish an electronics recycling program for the state of North Carolina with shared responsibility between computer manufacturers, television manufacturers, retailers, local and state government, and consumers. The goal of the program is to foster a statewide recycling infrastructure for these materials. In conjunction with this program, the law bans televisions, computers, monitors, printers, scanners and computer peripherals such as keyboards and mice from disposal in landfills.
Completed forms can be sent in as attachments via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Checks will need to be mailed to the address found on the forms. Remember - save a copy of the forms you submit on your computer or as paper.
Request the W-9 form by email by contacting Mary Johnson at Mary.Johnson@ncdenr.gov. For faster response to your request please be sure to include a fax number or email address with your request.
- Facilities that recover or recycle covered devices or other electronic devices diverted from the waste stream for transfer, treatment or processing shall register annually on or before August 1.
- Effective March 16, 2015, SESSION LAW 2015-1 amended the list of covered devices in North Carolina. Peripheral, keyboards and mice are no longer covered devices under the law.
- List of Registered Computer Equipment Manufacturers and Their Compliance Status
- List of Registered TV Manufacturers and Their Compliance Status
- List of collection sites in your area that will recycle computers and TVs
- Manufacturers' websites & 1-800-phone#s for recycling information for various brands of Computers and TVs
- Local Governments with Approved Electronics Recycling Plans received funding for their electronics programs: Electronics Management Fund Distributions February 2017
- Additional recycling information can be found on the: Division of Environmental Assistance and Customer Service website for Electronics Recycling.
- June 30: Annual Renewal Registration Fee due for Television Manufacturers
- July 1: Annual Renewal Registration Fee due for Computer Manufacturers
- October 1: Annual Report due for both Computer and Television Manufacturers
Local Government Forms
- Local Government Electronics Recycling Program Questionnaire
- Email updates and changes to recycling collection sites to email@example.com