Revised SSO Reporting Requirements (Updated October, 2014)
Underground Utility Safety & Damage Prevention Act (Updated October, 2014)
- Requires underground infrastructure to be "electronically locatable"
- Information related to the review for applications received by the Division
- Information related to issued permits, including the receipt of Final/Partial Certifications
- Enter the "Issue Date" at the top of the "Engineering Certification" form for modified permits (those with multiple versions)
- Enter today's date to give information for the latest permit version issued
Wastewater Collection Systems
The Pretreatment, Emergency Response, and Collection System (PERCS) unit administers various wastewater collection system permitting programs for the Division. The PERCS unit issues system-wide collection system permits (WQCS Permits), flow reduction requests, and name change /change of ownership requests. The unit is responsible for the review and approval of local programs for permitting construction, modification, and operation of public and private sewer system in their utility service areas (i.e. delegation) pursuant to G.S. 143-215.1(f). The unit also administers general oversight of the fast track sewer extension program which issues sewer extension permits through the seven regional offices.
- Fast Track Program (Gravity Sewer, Pump Stations, & Force mains)
- Standard Sewer Extension Permitting Program
- System-Wide Collection System Program
- Local Programs for Sewer Systems (Delegated Program)
Rules and Guidance: