Dam Emergency Contact:
The North Carolina Dam Safety Program provides oversight of more than 3,000 dams statewide, working to provide for the certification and inspection of dams to reduce the risk of failure of dams; to prevent property damage, personal injury, and loss of reservoir storage; and to ensure maintenance of minimum flows of adequate quantity and quality below dams.
N.C. Dam Inventory, Applications Review Queue, and Funding Opportunities
View and download the N.C. Dam Inventory, Applications Review Queue, and Notice of Funding Opportunity files using the following links.
N.C. Dam Applications Review Queue
Notice of Funding Opportunity, High Hazard Dam Rehabilitation Program
Dam-Safety-Related Videos for Dam Owners
The Association of State Dam Safety Officials provides dam-safety-related videos for dam owners. Each video (below) is approximately 10 minutes long.
Dam Safety Academy: Dam Inspections
Spillways and Outlet Works
Dam Safety Academy: Spillways and Outlet Works
Operation and Maintenance Plans
Dam Safety Academy: Operation and Maintenance Plans
Dam Safety Program News
Subscribe to Dam Safety Program News and Updates Here
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Dam Safety Resources
- US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) Dam Safety Resources
- US Bureau of Reclamation (USBR) Dam Safety Resources
- US Department of Agriculture (USDA) - NRCS Hydrologic & Hydraulic (H&H) Technical Info
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Resources
- Association of State Dam Safety Officials (ASDSO)