The ESI advisory board oversees program development and implementation. The DEQ Secretary approves all invitations to the Board. Whenever possible, Environmental Stewards, who have been in good standing in the program for a minimum of one year, will be given priority for membership.
Role of Advisory Board:
- Reviews program materials and makes suggestions for improvements;
- Reviews applications that meet minimum requirements and recommends Rising Stewards and Stewards;
- Reviews program effectiveness and makes any recommended changes to the Secretary; and
- Any other duties assigned to them by the Secretary.
For further information on the requirements of an Advisory Board member, as well as details on level criteria please review the Advisory Board Guidance Manual.
ESI Advisory Board Members
|DEQ Secretary Appointee||NCDEQ||Raleigh|
|Daniel Bagnell||The Scrap Exchange||Durham|
|Aubrey Meadows||Engineered Sintered Components||Troutman|
|Jamie Morgan||Santa Fe Natural Tobacco||Oxford|
|Jane Woodall||Dell - Apex||Apex|
|Alice Wesselman||Thomas Built Buses, Inc.||High Point|
|Tausha Fanslau||Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations||Wilson|
|Jim Lanier||Earth Farms Organics||Dallas|
|Mary Joan Pugh||NC Zoological Park||Asheboro|
|David Shellenbarger||City of Gastonia||Gastonia|
|Steve Street||Hickory Manufacturing & Technology Center, Corning Cable Systems, LLC||Concord|
DEQ Internal Workgroup
- Reviews on all applicants for compliance;
- Provides internal comments on applicant performance;
- Reviews and recommends Environmental Partners;
- Reviews program materials and provides guidance to the Advisory Board;
- Increases visibility of ESI within DEQ;
- Recommends incentives to the Secretary as identified; and
- Undertakes any other duties as assigned by the Secretary.
|Shawn McKee||Division of Waste Management|
|Vanessa Manuel||Division of Water Resources|
|David Lee||Division of Environmental Assistance and Customer Service|
|Bernard McKee||Division of Air Quality|
|Toby Vinson||Division of Energy, Mineral and Land Resources|