Annual Reporting - Local Government and Solid Waste Facility Reporting

The forms below are used by permitted solid waste management facilities and local governments for annual reporting purposes for fiscal year July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021.


Facility Forms

The following are links to the web-based Annual Report forms for Solid Waste Facilities:


  • These forms are to be used for the FY2020-21 Reporting Period by Solid Waste Facilities permitted to operate in North Carolina.  Please note that facility types with common activities may now be reported under one type of form.
  • These forms are web-based and do not require any additional programs to use.
  • When data entry is complete, please click the ‘Submit’ button on the last page and an electronic copy of the form will be automatically forwarded to your Regional Environmental Senior Specialist (Inspector).
  • Choose the ‘Download’ option to save a copy to your files, then forward a copy as required by law to each County Manager from which your facility received waste as required by law.
  • You will receive an email indicating when the review process is complete along with a final copy of the report. Please note the final form will be slightly modified from your original submittal.
  • Previous years' annual report submittals can be found online in our document management system.
  • Answers to Frequently Asked Questions about the new forms can be found here: NC DEQ DWM SWS Annual Report FAQs
  • The completed Annual Report Forms are due no later than August 1, 2021.

Looking for the Scrap Tire and White Goods forms? They are now included in the Local Government Form below. Unsure what form you need? Contact your regional inspector.

Local Government Form

The following form is a .pdf form and requires at least Adobe Reader to open:


Adobe Reader is free to download and available on the web at

If you see the message below when clicking on the form, download the file to your computer before opening. Some browsers are unable to handle pdf forms, this doesn't mean the form is broken.






  • This form is to be used for FY 2020-2021 Reporting by all County and Municipal Governments in North Carolina (G.S. 130A-309.09A). Failure to report will result in the community being exempt from receiving disposal tax distributions in the future.
  • The annual report must be completed and submitted electronically. It is important to use "Save As..." when saving your work. We ask that you name the file with your community's name, for example: "Nash County LGAR 2020-21" or "Burlington LGAR 2020-21." When complete, a copy of the form should be attached to an email and sent to the following email address:
  • Previous years' annual report submittals can be found online at Local Government Solid Waste and Materials Management Reports.
  • If you have questions about completing this form, please call 919-707-8123 or 919-707-8138. If you have questions about the reporting requirement, please call 919-707-8252, or contact your Regional Environmental Senior Specialist (Inspector).
  • The completed Annual Report Form is due no later than September 1, 2021.