Washington Regional Office
943 Washington Square Mall, Washington, NC 27889
Contact the Washington Regional Office Staff
Regional Office Information
Directions to the Washington Regional Office
Going East: Take US 64 from Raleigh to US 17 in Williamston. Go south on US 17 approximately 18 miles. Turn left at the second traffic signal (at McDonald's) into the Mall property. Pass Belk and we're located on the left.
Going West: Take US 264 into Washington. Turn right at US 17 North. Turn right at the 2nd traffic signal (at McDonald's) into the Mall property. Pass Belk and we're located on the left.
Going North: Take US 17 North into Washington. Turn right at the 7th traffic signal (at McDonald's) into the Mall property. Pass Belk and we're located on the left.
Going South: Take US 17 South into Washington. Turn left at the 2nd traffic signal (at McDonald's) into the Mall property. Pass Belk and we're located on the left.
Please contact the Division of Coastal Management's Washington Regional Office with questions or concerns regarding:
- Permitting for Coastal Development
- Land and geologic resources
- Sediment and Erosion Control
- Stormwater Management
- Coastal Fishing License Sales
- NC Coastal Angling Program (Marine Recreational Information Program - MRIP)
- Fisheries Management
- Solid waste
- Land-clearing debris
- Underground storage tank(s) installation and operation
- Leaking underground storage tanks
Cleanup of underground storage tank(s) releases
Non-underground storage tank(s) petroleum releases
Eastern District Supervisor: Andrew Hammonds
Public water system compliance and assistance
Wastewater compliance inspections and technical assistance
NPDES, Nondischarge, Animal Feeding Operations, Collection Systems, Residuals
- Complaint response and emergency response related to impacts to surface waters
- Monitor & collect surface water samples (ambient monitoring)
- Buffer, stream and wetland activities including 401 certifications
- Issuance of Fast Track Sewer Extension permits, non-residential well construction permits and pump-and-haul permits