The Classifications, Standards & Rules Review Branch is responsible for developing and assisting with the interpretation and implementation of the state's surface water and groundwater quality standards and surface water body classifications such as Water Supply (WS), High-Quality Waters (HQW), and others. It provides support for DWR rulemaking and to the Environmental Management Commission (EMC) and the EMC's Water Quality and Groundwater Committees. Staff members also represent the Department on a variety of state and national workgroups.
For more information please click the links below:
DWR Rulemaking Email Listserv - Sign up here to receive rule-making announcements!
Main telephone: 919-707-9000 (or use direct numbers below)
|Paul Wojoski||Branch Chieffirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Office Assistant IV|
Environmental Technician, WQC Coordinator
|Elizabeth Kountis||Water Quality Standards Coordinatoremail@example.com|
|Bridget Flaherty Shelton||Groundwater Water Quality Standards Coordinatorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Christopher Ventaloro||Water Quality Standards Coordinatoremail@example.com|
|Susie Meadows||Water Quality Standards Specialistfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Mailing address: 1611 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, NC 27699-1611
This mailing list publishes emails concerning rule-making announcements. Please fill out the form below to join the list.
To receive historical rule-making announcements, view the DWRrules List Archive.
- DWR Rules Webpage - North Carolina Administrative Code
- DWR Public Hearings & Meetings - Dates, locations, & public notices
- Environmental Management Commission (EMC) - Adopts rules for the protection, preservation, and enhancement of NC's air and water resources
- Data, Statistics, & Maps
- Water Quality Standards Program - Aquatic Life, Human Health, Nutrients, etc...
- ECOTOX Database - Chemical toxicity information for aquatic and terrestrial life
- IRIS (Integrated Risk Information System) Database - Compiles reports on substances that cause human health effects
- Clean Water Act - History, introduction, updates, etc...
- CFR Title 40: Protection of Environment - Code of Federal Regulations that deals with protecting the environment and human health